Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University, founded in 1818, is one of the country's oldest and most famous Catholic universities. SLU is known for its world-class academics, remarkable research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service. It also maintains a campus in Madrid, Spain. SLU now offers over 91 undergraduate degrees, 80 graduate fields, and 25 entirely online programmes.

Cost of attendance

The average tuition charge at St. Louis University is USD 48,100 for undergraduate students and USD 42,000 for graduate students. International applicants should expect to spend an average of $70,000 USD (52 lakhs).


St. Louis University has seven residence halls and four apartment complexes on campus. Clemens Hall, DeMattias Hall, Fusz Hall, Grand Hall, Griesedieck Hall, and Marguerite Hall are among the residence halls. On-campus accommodation costs between $6,017 to $6,886 USD. Off-campus accommodation costs roughly 1000 to 1500 USD per month on average.

Acceptance rate

The university has a total of 14581 students enrolled. Saint Louis University reports 833 international students on campus, with 373 of them being undergraduates. Saint Louis University admissions are more selective, with a 56 percent acceptance rate.


The St. Louis University campus is home to over 150 student organisations that host participatory events throughout the year. Outside of class, students can visit the library, student centre, study groups, sports facilities, and participate in community service activities. Around 70% of the overall number of students at this university are White, with the remaining 30% being Asians, African/Americans, Hispanics, and students of other ethnicities. Health and counselling services are accessible on campus at the University.


Saint Louis University is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. SLU has been continuously accredited since 1916.

Jobs and Placement

Saint Louis University Career Services can assist you in starting a process of self-exploration that will help you make better decisions regarding majors and jobs. They are dedicated to providing great career counselling and content relating to your professional and vocational growth, including our podcast. St. Louis University boasts a 96 percent graduate employment rate. The average pay of this university's graduates is $64,000 USD.

QS Ranking


The Ranking

#501–600th World University Rankings 2022 by THE

Other University

University at Buffalo SUNY

University at Buffalo SUNY

The University at Buffalo (UB), established in 1846, is the largest institution in the State University of New...

San Jose State University

San Jose State University

San Jose State University dates back to 1857, when it was known as the Minns Evening Normal School in San Fran...

Illinois State University

Illinois State University

Illinois State University, founded in 1857, is an open university that was previously known as Illinois State ...