University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
The University of California, also known as Berkeley, was founded in 1868. It is a public research institution and one of the Association of American Universities' 14 founding members. The University's well-known graduate programmes are routinely ranked in the top ten in their respective specialties by the United States National Research Council. The Haas School of Business, the College of Engineering, the School of Law, and the Graduate School of Education all offer a variety of degrees at the University of California. Students seeking a Masters degree at the College of Engineering have the option of pursuing further degrees in eight disciplines. Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Applied Science & Technology, and others are examples of these fields.

Cost of attendance

Tuition fees at the university for residents and non-resident students are 39,550 USD (~29.3 lakh INR) and 69,304 USD (~51.4 lakh INR) respectively. To support this expense, UCB offers scholarships to both domestic and international students


The university is ranked among the finest in terms of campus life. Living on-campus housing with or without a roommate, living in university-owned off-campus housing, and living off-campus are the three alternatives for student housing at the institution. According to the university's study, 96% of students live in college-owned, college-operated, or college-affiliated accommodation, while the other 4% reside off-campus or commute.

Acceptance rate

The total number of students enrolled are 31557. University of California - Berkeley reports having a total of 7,222 international students on campus. The University of California acceptance rate is around 15%. It gets way more applications than it can admit. Therefore, it is important to have an excellent academic profile to gain admission to the university.


The University of California is a public research university in the Bay Area with a 1200-acre campus. The University of California-Berkeley campus is the oldest of the university's eleven campuses. Strawberry Creek, which runs across campus, is a favourite among students. The University's library system is one of the largest academic library systems in the country, with 32 libraries and over 11 million titles.


Berkeley has been fully accredited since 1949 and had its accreditation reaffirmed most recently in 2015 under the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) pilot institutional review process. 

Jobs and Placement

The top recruiters employing graduates from the university include Google, Inc - $76,522 - $137,740; Apple Computer, Inc - $102,556 - $159,960; Kaiser Permanente- $59,598 - $115,039; Inc - $60,331 - $117,730,, Inc.- $58,723 - $141,122. As per the official data, 21% of engineering graduates found jobs through Campus Recruitment, 7% through Handshake (internal search), 17% through Networking, 19% through Internship, 24% through Campus Fair, 8% through Direct Contact with Employer, 5% through the Internet/Social Media.

QS Ranking

#32 in QS Global World Rankings, 2022.

The Ranking

#36 in US College Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2022.

Other University

Liverpool Hope University

Liverpool Hope University

Liverpool Hope University is a reputable educational institution located in Liverpool, a beautiful seaport cit...

Staffordshire University

Staffordshire University

Staffordshire Institution, founded in 1914, is a government university that offers undergraduate, graduate, pr...